Complete this form and receive a comprehensive mesothelioma & asbestos packet with detailed information about where to get treatment, legal options, how to cope, and much more.





Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with Mesothelioma, lung cancer or an asbestos-related disease?

Privacy Policy

Asbestos was used for decades in construction and shipbuilding. If you or someone close to you has worked as a drywaller, pipefitter, or in the Navy, you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos fibers. Learn more >

Mesothelioma is a deadly, elusive cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. We provide free resources to help you understand diagnosis, treatment, and more. Learn more >

Dealing with asbestos-related disease can be hard. Finding the right doctor or hospital can make all the difference. Click here to see how we can help. Learn more >

Mesothelioma doesn't have to tear your family apart. We help you and your family get through this difficult time together. Click here to learn more. Learn more >

Mesothelioma Lawyer

2008 Asbestos Statistics

For a long time, people have known that asbestos is dangerous to human health and well-being. From ancient civilizations from thousands of years ago to the United States Environmental Protection Agency of today, it has been clear that exposure to asbestos causes serious problems among humans.

Asbestos, however, is still around in the United States. The only type of asbestos used in the U.S. is chrysotile. Many buildings before 1980 use asbestos widely, and asbestos is a useful chemical. As a result, asbestos continues to be used. Because U.S. ended asbestos mining in 2002, it imports all of its asbestos. 84 percent of imported asbestos is used for roofing products, while the other 16 percent is put to other uses. More notably, in 2003-2006, 86 percent of that asbestos came from Canada alone.

Additionally, U.S trade and consumption of asbestos has decreased. In 2007, the U.S. exported 1,089 tons of asbestos compared to 3,410 tons in 2006. Moreover, U.S. imports and domestic use also decreased from 2,230 tons in 2006 to 1,820 tons in 2007.

It is important for people to note that asbestos is still around in the United States. Though it is not being produced here, it is still being used. Moreover, new areas of dangerously high asbestos concentration are still being discovered.

Contact a Mesothelioma Lawyer Today

People are still being negatively affected by mesothelioma and asbestos. If you have suffered from asbestos exposure, contact the mesothelioma lawyers of Williams Hart. Give them a call at 1-800-781-3955.

home  |  asbestos  |  mesothelioma  |  treatment  |  legal options  |  veterans  |  clinical trials  |  press  |  helpful resources  |  contact us  |  articles  |  blog  |  about  |  locations  |  sitemap  |  Log in
Copyright © 2004-2011 This Website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Williams Hart Law Firm, L.L.P., and the services and products it offers. Click here for the full disclaimer. Attorneys are licensed only in the state of Texas unless otherwise indicated in the biographical section. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Williams Hart's primary office is located in Texas. Terms of Use.
8441 Gulf Freeway, Suite 600, Houston, TX 77017-5051 -- 800-781-3955