A retired carpenter, who recently died of mesothelioma, reportedly developed his illness due to being exposed to asbestos while working, an article from Mercury 24 stated on Monday, December 2.
In the investigation released by the Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court, 81-year-old Kenneth Wilton died of mesothelioma as a result of being exposed to asbestos while working as a carpenter in his younger years. Wilton, who lived in Dunster Crescent, died on November 3 at Weston Hospicecare several months after he was diagnosed with the rare cancer typically caused by asbestos fiber inhalation.
In a statement made by Wilton before he died, he said that he dealt with asbestos laden materials using his bare hands. A coroner said Wilton’s exposure to asbestos for decades is considered quite extensive.