A New York fire station has been vacated after dust in the building was tested and traces of asbestos was found in it.
The fire fighters at Fire Station No. 3 in Lackwanna noticed the dust and ordered an air quality test to be done.
A renovation was then ordered on the building when the dust particles showed unsafe levels of the toxic material. At first the fire fighters were told to try and avoid the second floor of the building, but they were later told that they needed to completely vacate.
Asbestos particles can become very dangerous if they are disturbed and lodged into the lung. If you or a loved one has developed mesothelioma as a result of a being exposed to asbestos particles. Contact the mesothelioma lawsuit of Williams Kherkher by calling 800-781-3955.