A West Virginia woman filed a mesothelioma suit this week naming 65 companies as responsible for the death of her brother.
The suit alleges that the woman's brother’s death was caused by working with asbestos-laden products that were made or used by the defendant companies. Her brother was diagnosed with mesothelioma on February 22 and died on March 5. He was an Amco Steel worker from 1965 to 1986.
Mesothelioma is primarly caused by exposure to asbestos. The rare and aggressive form of cancer can lay dormant for half a century before it manifests. The cancer takes over 3,000 American lives per year.