A Florida man has been awarded $14 million in a mesothelioma suit.
According to court documents, the man was exposed to asbestos during the 1970s when he worked at his family's construction company. At the time, asbestos was used in joint compounds in the construction industry.
Union Carbide, a chemical manufacturing company, was found to be negligent by the jury for selling materials containing asbestos fibers. The selling of these materials continued until 1985.
If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and you would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with the fiber, contact the mesothelioma lawyers of Williams Kherkher at 800-781-3955 today.