A 59-year-old man has recently been awarded $14 million in a suit claiming that he contracted mesothelioma from being exposed to asbestos.
A jury found that a chemical manufacturing company, Union Carbide, was negligent in the case for selling asbetos fibers to other companies. The 57-year-old man was exposed to this asbestos when working for a family construction company during the 1970s. The dangerous mineral asbestos was used in over 3,000 building projects during this time.
Asbestos exposure occurs when asbestos is disturbed, allowing asbestos fibers to be inhaled or ingested. The fibers then lodge themselves in the lungs and can cause mesothelioma or other asbestos-related diseases.
If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos, contact the mesothelioma lawyers of Williams Kherkher to discuss your legal options.