A Maryland woman was awarded $20 million in damages after she contracted mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos brought home by her grandfather. As a teenager in the 1960s, the girl washed her grandfather's clothes, which had been exposed to asbestos during his job as an insulation worker. The woman, who is now 57, has had to have a lung removed because of the cancer, although doctors believe that her prognosis is good.
The damages include $1.6 million for lost wages and earning capacity, $97,000 for past medical expenses, $75,000 for future medical expenses, and $18.5 million for non-economic damages.
If you or someone you love has been affected by asbestos exposure, contact the mesothelioma lawyers of Williams Kherkher by calling 800-781-3955.