A Tennessee jury has awarded the wife of a man who died of mesothelioma $1.4 million. The case alleged that North Brothers had knowingly sold deffective products which exposed the husband to asbestos. The woman also named several other pipe makers in the suit, although the other firms either settled out of court or were dropped from the charges. The deceased husband worked as a pipefitter for Combustion Engineering of Chatanooga for 34 years, between 1952 and 1986. According to the suit, North Brothers had sold asbestos products, which were known to be linked to health problems. Because they sold these products despite the known health risks, the suit alleges that they were selling defective prodcuts.
If you or someone you love has experienced health problems as a result of asbestos exposure, contact the mesothelioma lawyers of Williams Kherkher at 800-781-3955.