In North Carolina, renovations were being performed over the summer at the Mary Dale Bender Education Center at Craven Community College when asbestos was found. The building, being readied for use as the Craven Early College High School, has asbestos in its floor tiles and is now closed down to keep the public safe.
College officials are waiting for asbestos contractors to perform additional asbestos testing and remove it from the building. So far, testing has shown that 10 employees working in the building during renovations may have been exposed to minor amounts of asbestos. Adverse health effects are not expected.
If you or someone you know has been exposed to asbestos, contact the North Carolina asbestos lawyers of Williams Kherkher at 800-781-3955.