Asbestos issues have been problematic in Iowa recently. As such, authorities are reminding citizens of the proper precautions that must be taken when asbestos is a factor. In one recent event, a bowling alley collapsed in Perry, Iowa just outside Des Moines. While no one was injured in the collapse, asbestos may have been released into the air, exposing all of the nearby people.
There are also a lot of people across the state who perform renovations on their own houses. Many older houses contain asbestos, leading many DIY renovators to expose themselves to the dangerous substance. Because of this, Iowa authorities are reminding citizens that licensed professionals must be brought into any project that involves asbestos.
If you or someone you know has been exposed to asbestos, contact the Iowa mesothelioma attorneys of Williams Kherkher at 800-781-3955.