Jean Holmes died of mesothelioma in April 2006 after her second hand exposure to asbestos through her husband's clothes. Her husband worked at the Union Asbestos and Rubber Company in Bloomington, IL in 1962 abd 1963. He brought home asbestos on his clothes every day, and Jean did his laundry for him, exposing her to that same dangerous asbestos.
According to the suit, the companies that were responsible for the exposure knew the dangerous nature of asbestos but did not warn their employees or provide any safety precautions. Now, an Illinois jury has ruled in favor of Holmes' family, awarding them $2.6 million in damages.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact the Illinois mesothelioma attorneys of Williams Kherkher at 800-781-3955.