A Central Point, Oregon city worker has claimed that a demolition job exposed workers to asbestos. The century old two story house burned in 2005 and was finally torn down on February 11 of this year. The house was inspected before demolition, and there was little to no dust at the time. It is currently not known whether there was asbestos in the site or not.
The Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division is investigating the case. A spokesperson has said that ground testing can generally be done in cases like this to determine whether or not asbestos was there. If there was asbestos, the city will take steps to ensure that this sort of thing does not happen again.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact the mesothelioma attorneys of Williams Kherkher at 800-781-3955.