Frank and Dana Ham never thought that Frank's hard work could lead to such a terrible diagnosis; however, back in 2006, Frank was diagnosed with mesothelioma. The cause of Frank's illness came as no mystery though, and fingers were quickly pointed at Frank's former employers, as well as asbestos manufacturers. Over the years of 1954 to 1985, Frank worked as a pipe fitter in both California and Nevada. During this time, Frank was unknowingly exposed to a variety of different dangerous chemicals and substances. These included silica, solvent, gasoline fume, diesel, and most importantly, asbestos.He was never provided with the proper protection, causing him to inhale, ingest, or absorb the dangerous materials over time.
The main offender listed in the lawsuit filed by Frank and Dana Ham is Ecklund Insulation, Inc. While no word has been given from Ecklund in response to the lawsuit, a judge has given an initial default judgement of $2,671,000 in damages to Frank and Dana Ham. The acutal trial date is set for July 2009.
Asbestos is incredibly dangerous. If you or a loved one has developed mesothelioma as a result of being wrongfully exposed to asbestos, you may be able to be compensated for your damages. Speak with a mesothelioma lawyer at Williams Kherkher today by calling 800-220-9341.