The wife of a man who was recently diagnosed with Mesothelioma is speaking out. At the age of 16, the man began to work as a mechanic, spending long hours repairing brake pads and clutches. While asbestos was not banned at that point in time, she claims that right up until last year her husband was still being exposed to the dangerous substance despite laws against asbestos.
The woman claims that her husband began to feel out of breath and “full”, or bloated, about a year ago. At the time, her husband was quitting his addiction to cigarettes so the couple ignored the signs, writing them off as a product of the smoking. Sadly, the cigarettes were not the cause of the man’s symptoms and he was diagnosed with mesothelioma shortly after. The doctor who treated the man told the couple that 85% of mesothelioma victims work in the auto industry.
The names of the couple have been omitted as they organize their lawsuit against the man’s former employers.
If you have been exposed to dangerous asbestos fibers and are suffering from mesothelioma, contact a mesothelioma lawyer at Williams Kherkher today to learn more about your legal rights.