A British hairdresser has died due to mesothelioma after working in a salon for more than 30 years. It is the first known case in England where someone has contracted mesothelioma from working in a hair salon.
Local officials have tested various parts of the salon for asbestos but so far everything has come up negative. Certain heating elements were previously coated in asbestos to prevent fire but that was removed and there are not substantial asbestos readings from the pipes.
The consulting doctor on the autopsy showed that the victim’s lungs showed she had been exposed to asbestos. It was not on the same level as that found in miners and factory workers but was still present.
Research performed in the United States has not shown a link between hairdressing and asbestos. Another doctor says he does not feel that hairdressing could involve a particularly large amount of asbestos or else we would be seeing a lot more women with mesothelioma.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact the Mesothelioma Lawsuit Attorneys of Williams Kherkher at 1-866-950-9000 to discuss your legal options and to schedule a free initial consultation.