Tile Installation and Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos is a dangerous substance that was frequently used prior to the 1980s. Most often, asbestos was used in building and construction materials, because it was found to be strong and fire resistant. However, in the late 1970s, its used was banned in the United States because researchers discovered that asbestos exposure can lead to serious lung illnesses and even death. Although builders no longer use asbestos, tile installers who worked before the 1980s may have been exposed to asbestos fibers without being aware of their danger.
If you or someone you know may have been exposed to asbestos fibers, it is important to contact the mesothelioma attorneys of Williams Kherkher today at 800-781-3955. We can help you understand the medical and legal options that are available to you at this time.
Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
Signs of asbestos exposure may not appear until decades after the initial exposure occurred, but many tile installers who worked prior to the 1980s have reported breathing difficulties, wheezing, chest pain, and other discomforts affecting their lungs and airways. These are serious signs of illness, and may indicate asbestos exposure. Some of the dangers of asbestos exposure include:
- Lung scarring
For More Information
Asbestos exposure is very serious, so if you or someone you know installed tile in homes or businesses prior to the nationwide asbestos ban, you may have been exposed to asbestos. Contact an experienced mesothelioma attorney of Williams Kherkher today at 800-781-3955 to discuss your situation with us today.