The Country’s Best Cancer Fighters
Every year, a variety of news sources rank the country’s hospitals based on their abilities in various areas. Some are ranked best in cardiac treatment or in survival rate. For mesothelioma, the most important ranking is on cancer fighting.
The most recent rankings released list the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center as the top cancer hospital in the country. The other hospitals mentioned were ranked as such:
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore)
- The Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minnesota)
- The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston)
- The University of Washington Medical Center (Seattle)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
- The University of California
- San Francisco Medical Center (San Francisco)
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics (Palo Alto)
- The Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles)
These hospitals, the top 10 out of 170 hospitals covering 16 adult specialties and 6 pediatric specialties, were ranked according to their mortality index, the number of discharges in a three year period, the nurse staffing, and whether the hospital was a nurse magnet hospital. In addition, the hospitals were asked about a specific list of seven advanced technologies they offered and how many of seven specific patient services were available. Being identified as an NCI (National Cancer Institute) cancer center and having a FACT credit also played a role.
These cancer centers and hospitals all play a significant role in fighting all types of cancer.
Contact a Mesothelioma Lawyer
For more information on mesothelioma and the various legal issues that go with a diagnosis, contact the mesothelioma lawyers of Williams Kherkher at 1-800-781-3955.